The R5–Energy Panel is a new solution for wood sheathing which provides fire rating and exterior continuous insulation in one panel. Having a rigid permeable surface, non-combustible panel and a 100% water repellent R5 insulation in one board also:
- Eliminates 2- 4 layers of labor mounting cost for Stucco work – Spray-on Stucco can be applied directly with a one coat stucco concept to the rigid front surface.
- Prevent moisture buildup inside the walls (the problem with many foam products) due to the panels unique permeability.
The R5–Energy Panel is permeable and reinforced by a rigid, one side surface of non-combustible M4
composite layer and on the other side a core of high density, water repellent, non-combustible, stone–wool
- Spray-on stucco can be directly applied on M4 rigid surface
- Provides R5 value in all temperatures
- Non combustible
- Resistant to mold, fungus, moisture, insects, wind, and fire
- Does not rot or degrade in humid environments
- Provides additional sound insulation
- Eliminates thermal bridging
Easily apply as exterior continuous non-structural sheathing on wood sheathing, face the stone-wool towards the installed wood sheathing.
Rigid M4 front, and stone-wool backside.
Off white rigid surface and army green insulation