The R5–Sheathing Panel WRB is a new, one of a kind sheathing solution for steel framing, which provides the sheathing, fire rating, exterior R5 insulation and a Water Restrictive Barrier (WRB) in one panel. Having a non-combustible sheathing – WRB and a R5 insulation in one board also:
- Eliminates 2 steps of additional labor mounting cost
- Makes the building more energy efficient by moving the dew point further outside of the exterior wall and helps prevent moisture buildup inside the walls due to the panels unique permeability
The R5–Sheathing Panel WRB is permeable from the backside and airtight from the front side and reinforced
by a rigid, back side surface of non-combustible M4 composite layer and in the center a core of high density,
water repellent, non-combustible, stone–wool insulation, on the front side the WRB.
- Provides R-5 insulation
- Replaces non-structural Sheathing solutions as gypsum products
- Replaces the normal Water Restrictive Barrier (WRB)
- Non combustible
- Resistant to mold, fungus, moisture, insects, wind
- Does not rot or degrade in humid environments
- Provides additional sound insulation
- Eliminates thermal bridging
Easily apply as exterior non-structural sheathing on steel framing, with the M4 surface facing towards the steel framing mounted with standard screws and washers used for continuous insulation.
Off white rigid surface and army green insulation and black water restrictive barrier.